Please note: I feel it's important to help address the imbalanced representation of the LGBT+ community in the world of literature, therefore I am currently only accepting LGBT+ titles from 2018, with the exception of any follow on titles from the wonderful authors I've already had the pleasure of working with.
I generally contract my work via ACX.com and encourage authors to contact me via that platform, but depending on the project I may contract externally. If you are considering contacting me for external audiobook work, I have listed my standard rates below.
It's also worth noting that I do not rush through audiobooks for the sake of increasing sales - I have a day job that pays my bills so this for me this is a labour of love - and I want it to sound just right. Generally, for every 1 hour of finished audio I will take 1 week, depending on whether it is Royalty Share project or not (Non royalty share projects have the editing and / or mastering subbed out to a professional studio to get that extra polish).
Royalty Share (RS) Projects
- Generally via ACX with a 50/50 split of the royalties (after sale) with the rights holder, for 7 years.
- All editing and mastering is done by me, so these projects generally take slightly longer to complete.
- A fee of $100.00 USD / £75 GBP per finished hour is paid up front, and used to cover expenses for sending the raw audio to a professional studio for editing and mastering.
- Plus Standard Royalty Share (as detailed above)
- Mastering is subbed out to an experienced and professional audiobook studio for a high quality finish and a quicker turn around.